So a few people have asked me for some healthy whole food recipes and so I thought I would post them on my website! Here is the first one. A simple smoothie. This is the first time I have tried it with chard. I usually use spinach or kale but I didn’t have either and so thought chard couldn’t be much different, and I was right! Still a superfood and full of nutrients too. Chard is an excellent source of vitamins K, A, and C, as well as a good source of magnesium, potassium, iron, and dietary fiber.
So here are the ingredients:
- Handful of chard (enough to fill half the blender)
- 1 banana (at least medium sized if not use two, they are important for sweetness and bulkiness)
- 1 cm of fresh ginger (natural anti-inflammatory and immune boosting as well as stomach settling)
- 1 tsp turmeric (doesn’t really affect the taste but has lots of health benefits, such as anti-inflammatory and an anti-oxidant)
- 1/2 glass of orange juice
Place it all into a blender and viola! your smoothie is done. Easy as pie. And surprisingly tasty! You can do lots of variations, even include nuts, aloe vera juice, spinach etc. etc. and of course you can have just fruity ones.
Keep an eye on my website for a whole host of recipes.